Bookmark this page for local events and other activities, from neighborhood potlucks and picnics to volunteer opportunities, community meetings and more.
- Catholic Social Services’ Refugee Assistance and Immigration Services is seeking volunteers to help spread soil at Grow North Farm — a new urban farming project taking root at 3543 Mountain View Drive. Help ready the farm for planting 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. June 16.
- A community picnic organized by local neighborhood watch volunteers is scheduled to take place 2-4 p.m. June 16 at Mountain View Lions Park. Burgers and hot dogs will be provided, and participants are asked to bring a side dish to share. Click here to learn more.
- Part of a month-long rotation of Juneteenth events around Anchorage, a Teen Summit is scheduled to take place at the Mountain View Boys and Girls Club at 315 Price Street from 6 – 9 p.m. June 22. Click here to learn more.
- Celebrate Anchorage’s diverse community at a World Refugee Day celebration hosted by Catholic Social Services at the urban farm site at 3543 Mountain View Drive. Filled with music, dance and food, this year’s event also marks the grand opening of Grow North Farm. It’s set to take place 12 – 3 p.m. June 23. Learn more here.
- Capping off a month of observances and community events, a citywide Juneteenth celebration is scheduled to take place 12 – 5 p.m. June 23 at William B. Lyons Park adjacent to the Mountain View Community Center. Click here for more information about Juneteenth events in Mountain View.
- The Mountain View Farmers Market kicks off its summer season 3 – 7 p.m. June 28. The weekly Thursday market, located next to Grow North Farm at 3543 Mountain View Drive, features fresh produce from neighborhood growers, assorted other vendors and entertainment — click here to learn more.
- The Alaska Center is hosting a salmon barbecue at William B. Lyons Park to engage voters around the upcoming state election. Featuring grilled salmon, games for kids, a salmon giveaway and the opportunity to register to vote, the event takes place 2-4 p.m. June 30. Click here to learn more.
- The annual National Night Out block party takes place 5-9 p.m. at the Mountain View Community Center. The event — hosted by the Mountain View Boys and Girls Club and the Anchorage Police Department — offers a petting zoo, food, games, prizes and live entertainment. Click here for details.
- Kids of all ages have a chance to pick up free books at thread’s annual Book Party in the Park from 4-7 p.m. Thursday at 3350 Commercial Dr. With live music, a cardboard box construction zone, an interactive story time, games and giveaways, the event is free and open to the whole family. Click here to learn more.
This calendar will be updated.
Planning a neighborhood event? Contact Mountain View Post to add it to the list.