From school events and library activities to church services, community council meetings and other neighborhood groups and gatherings, in Mountain View, there’s something for everybody. Planning a neighborhood event? Contact Mountain View Post to add it to the calendar.
- Planning for the annual Mountain View Neighborhood Cleanup is underway, and volunteer organizers will hold the first of several planning meetings at 5:30 p.m. March 19 at the Mountain View Boys and Girls Club.
- Award-winning fantasy author Seanan McGuire is set to speak 5-7 p.m. March 20 at the Mountain View Neighborhood Library, one of three appearances at Anchorage libraries this month.
- Featuring live music, burn barrels, food and drink, a Ballot Box Bash at Clark Middle School is a free community celebration encouraging participation in this year’s vote-by-mail municipal election. The event is scheduled to take place 5-7 p.m. March 23, and voters can return their signed ballots at the secure drop box at the neighborhood school any time through April 3. Learn more about the election here.
- Cartoonist Chad Carpenter, creator of the award-winning comic strip “Tundra,” is scheduled to speak at the Mountain View Neighborhood Library as part of the ongoing Tundra Vision lecture series. The event takes place 6-7:30 p.m. March 29.
- A community Easter egg hunt and cookout hosted by True North Church is scheduled to take place from 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. March 31 at Clark Middle School. Dress warm and arrive early for the outdoor egg hunts — divided into groups by age — and stay for hotdogs and hamburgers afterwards.
- A First Friday event 6-7 p.m. April 6 at Resolution Brewing Co. (3024 Mountain View Dr.) features neighborhood business Flattop Drum Company.
- The monthly meeting of the Mountain View View Community Council is scheduled to take place 6-8 p.m. April 9 at the Mountain View Boys and Girls Club. Click here for more information.
- A public meeting to discuss proposed changes to school start times is scheduled to take place 6:30 – 8 p.m. April 12 at Tyson Elementary School. Click here for more information.
- A social services fair at the Mountain View Neighborhood Library 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. April 14 gives attendees a chance to connect with a variety of local resources. Click here for more information.
- The annual Mountain View Community Cleanup kicks off with a Saturday event featuring free lunch and prizes for cleanup volunteers 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. April 28 beginning at the Mountain View Boys and Girls Club. Click here for more information.
- The Faster Than a Falcon 5k — an annual fundraiser for the Mountain View Boys and Girls Club — is set to begin at 9:30 a.m. May 12, with runners following a winding course throughout the neighborhood. Click here to register or learn more.
This calendar will be updated.